Guide Bettane & Desseauve 2018
Veuve Fourny & Fils ★ ★ ★
Estate : Charles-Henry and Emmanuel Fourny have transformed this small family house, situated in Vertus since 1856, into an exciting and reliable address for purposefull, heady and genuine champagne lovers. The vineyards include a rarity, an enclosed vineyard: this is known as the Faubourg Notre-Dame, user exclusively for vintages. Despite chardonnay dominating overall, pinot noir is by no means absent, in part vinified in oak casks.
Wines : Without losing the mineral characteristic, which is the trademark of the house, the champagnes are improving in delicacy of expression and elegance by definition. The house is entering a new era of development.
- 17,5/20 – Champagne Brut Nature Blanc de Blancs Premier Cru NM, Extra-Brut
- 16,5/20 – Champagne Premier Cru Clanc de Blancs, Brut
- 16/20 – Champagne Premier Cru Clos Notre-Dame 2007, Brut
- 16/20 – Champagne Premier Cru Réserve NM, Brut
- 17/20 – Champagne Premier Cru Les Rougesmonts NM, Brut
- 17,5/20 – Champagne Premier Cru Monts de Vertus 2011, Brut
- 16,5/20 – Champagne Premier Cru Rosé, Brut
- 17/20 – Champagne R NM, Extra-Brut
- 18/20 – Champagne Rosé Vinothèque 2011, Extra-Brut