Décembre 2019/Janvier 2020
The Veuve Fourny & Fils was one of four wines to top the tasting with 96 points.
Veuve Fourny & Fils Vertus 1er Cru Brut Rosé has a pale salmon pink colour. It combines chardonnay and pinot noir from three consecutive vintages, a portion of the latter as red wine. The great feature of the wine for me was how it combined delicate yet intense flavours, subtle complexity and great depth. Yallop loved its “intense redcurrant and Turkish delight fragrance. Quite dry, with beautiful flavour – strawberry, liquorice and red vermouth.” The balance and line through the mouth are superb.
Top Rosé Champagne – 5 stars
- 96 – NV Bollinger Rosé
- 96 – 2013 Louis Roederer Brut Rosé
- 96 – 2012 Paul Bara Grand Cru Special Club Rosé
- 96 – NV Veuve Fourny & Fils Vertus 1er Cru Brut Rosé
- 95 – NV Billecart-Salmon Brut Rosé
- 95 – 2008 Henriot Rosé Millésimé
- 95 – NV Joseph Perrier Cuvée Royale Brut Rosé
- 95 – NV Lanson Rosé Label Brut Rosé
- 95 – 2008 Veuve Clicquot Vintage Rosé